HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Change on the Horizon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Fresh Meat

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:51 am

"Now now mate....there's no need ta be so angry is there?"

The voice came from the head of James. Lopex wasn't quite sure how but he suddenly found himself holding it and its eyes and mouth moved as it spoke to him.

"Yer me best mate right.....?"

No one else saw the head. They just looked at Lopex confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.huntthedead.com
Hellcat
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Hellcat leaned toward Browden and whispered, "Been doin' some plannin'. Now it appears, I be comin' back from the dead." Hellcat traced her finger softlly down Browden's ear to his neck. Ye are gonna haft to keep me return secret, even from the crew. Speak me name as if I was already gone to me grave. Mourn me in public. I will be needing to fool even me crew for the time bein'. I need your help, Browden. Can I count on ye to meet me outside the council one hour after sunset tomorrow night? Have the whole crew attend the council. Now then, I'm gonna need you to bring me, a fine feather pillow, some rope and some pitch and a few extra torches. Got that, me luv?!" Hellcat rested her hand on Browden's arm, squeezed gently and said, "Death itself can't keep this salty sea witch under, mate!" With that, she sank into the shadows and left the Harbinger silently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herod
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:57 am

Herod had just left the skies over Peregren. He had been talking with the darkling Turk'en about discussing the attacks of the minotuars on Peregren. So as asked the rugged dwarf flew off in the direction of Port Skell.

"Keep 'er running full masts, boys! I'm fer making Port Skell by midmoon tomorrow."

Herod's crew was made of of darklings and riverfolk mostly. A few humans were on board. Herod needed them for thier height and strength. The riverfolk and darkling (although got on each others nerves) worked well on the mainlines and riggings. They're natural agility made them fast when navigating the sails that were on the side of the air balloon. The balloon keep them afloat but the sails that were on either side moved the ship along. The darklings and riverfolk kept the sails operating perfectly. The ship was fast. The sail setup was unique this Herod's ship.

It was one of the fastest ships in the sky next to the Sky Palace. Although he would someday like to challenge Captain Hellcat and her Sky Palace to a friendly race, rumors that he had received from a dwarven vessel made that dream seem grim.

Herod needed to get to the Pirate Council. He hoped they could help.

He hoped they would listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 pm

Eviana listened to Browden take his leave. He hadn't gone too far away...she thought. The room was busy and tuning in on any one conversation was nearly impossible let alone concentrating on the footsteps of one.

She turned to the barkeep and pushed her empty mug towards him, indicating she wanted another. "Must have been something I said. But like that is anything new."

"It must be that loving and charming personality of yours Eviana." The barkeep spoke with sarcasm dripping off of every word.

Eviana just sneered as she took her mug and pulled a long draw from it.

Someone came running in breathless saying something about Sliver. Eviana just turned a blind eye in their direction and scoffed. "This place is never boring." She turns back to her ale intent on getting drunk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Lopex sat down next to Eviana.

He ignored "James." If Lopex was insane, he'd show it through his axe swings, not his hallucinations.

'Stupid James... He's dead, he's gone... His ghost is not harassing me like he has a man crush on me...'

The barkeep brought Lopex some ale. Lopex brought the mug to his jaw and tried to drink. When glass mug met metal jaw, the mug shattered. The drink splashed on the counter and Lopex got upset.

'Stupid jaw...'

He looked over at Eviana and waved a hand in front of her.

'We just need a deaf freak, and this bar'll have no evil.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Eviana sat at the bar minding her own business, just drinking her ale when Lopex took a seat next to her. She said nothing to him as he said nothing to her, which was fine by her.

She could feel his eyes on her and without warning she reached out and grabbed his hand that he was waving in front of her face and smacked him in his face with it. "Go bug someone else you moron, and leave me be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Hellcat wrote:
Hellcat leaned toward Browden and whispered, "Been doin' some plannin'. Now it appears, I be comin' back from the dead." Hellcat traced her finger softlly down Browden's ear to his neck. Ye are gonna haft to keep me return secret, even from the crew. Speak me name as if I was already gone to me grave. Mourn me in public. I will be needing to fool even me crew for the time bein'. I need your help, Browden. Can I count on ye to meet me outside the council one hour after sunset tomorrow night? Have the whole crew attend the council. Now then, I'm gonna need you to bring me, a fine feather pillow, some rope and some pitch and a few extra torches. Got that, me luv?!" Hellcat rested her hand on Browden's arm, squeezed gently and said, "Death itself can't keep this salty sea witch under, mate!" With that, she sank into the shadows and left the Harbinger silently.

As soon as Hellcat left for wherever she was headed, Browden looked back to Eviana. A metal-jawed... 'Holy shit it's Lopex...'

Either way, Eviana was being distracted by a metal jawed Lopex and drinks.

Browden got up and headed out to round up members of the crew. The eight inch man was absent, that was for sure. The rest of his crew he'd have to look for while he went in search of the items she needed. First things first, Browden headed up to the rooms. One pillow coming up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Lopex retrieved his hand. He curled his arms up in a pout. His jaws clanked and clanged, but he said no real words.

He couldn't talk to anyone, and he couldn't drink, he didn't want to kill anyone right now. He was bored, angry, and lonely.

Poor Lopex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 am

Lopex wrote:
Lopex retrieved his hand. He curled his arms up in a pout. His jaws clanked and clanged, but he said no real words.

He couldn't talk to anyone, and he couldn't drink, he didn't want to kill anyone right now. He was bored, angry, and lonely.

Poor Lopex.

"Ye know mate. I'm always here if ye be needin' an ear to talk at or a shoulder to cry on, 'James aid picking up some of the broken glass, "ah now look what yer stoopid mouth went an' did ya fekkin moron! Hmmmmm. Maybe ye should see if ye can eat glass with that jaw o' yers," James finished holding out the piece of glass.

As far as anyone else in the building (except Eviana) all they saw was the broken glass on the floor and bar.

"You gonna pay for that, stupid lookin'?" the barkeep demanded of Lopex.

"Yeah stoopid lookin' are ye gonna pay fer it?" James said to Lopex smiling at him.
Back to top Go down
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:14 am

Browden wrote:
Hellcat wrote:

As soon as Hellcat left for wherever she was headed, Browden looked back to Eviana. A metal-jawed... 'Holy shit it's Lopex...'

Either way, Eviana was being distracted by a metal jawed Lopex and drinks.

Browden got up and headed out to round up members of the crew. The eight inch man was absent, that was for sure. The rest of his crew he'd have to look for while he went in search of the items she needed. First things first, Browden headed up to the rooms. One pillow coming up...

Sarek dropped the dead woman to the floor, having ripped her throat out out with his teeth and drained her body of blood. He then heard footsteps outside of the door.

There was only one window to the room.

The doorknob began to jiggle.

Sarek was left with little choice. He threw a chair from a desk busting out the window and dove out of it.

The door opened at Browden entered, seeing the broken glass of the window and the dead body of another barmaid, her throat ripped out and all the blood drained from her body. Browden saw out the window only someone with black hair. He couldn't tell who it was though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Lopex looked at James.

"You'k kcan-!" Lopex started to reply to James, but his jaw kept getting in the way.

"Rwr!" Lopex swung a punch at James, only succeeding in punching air.

The barkeep approached Lopex. Lopex kept his mouth open, not using his "lips" to speak.

"Wuck Ooh!"

Lopex then grabbed the piece of glass from "James" and shoved it into the barkeep's eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 pm

"What the hell?"

Browden went and looked out the window. Since he wasn't able to see anything, and realizing he didn't really care, he looked at the bed. One pillow was drenched in blood. Hellcat would probably prefer a clean one. Fortunately, the other pillow seemed untouched.

He grabbed the bag of fluff and headed out the room, and then the inn.

Torches, pitch, and rope... He recalled, as he headed down the street, away from the Harbinger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Lopex wrote:
Lopex looked at James.

"You'k kcan-!" Lopex started to reply to James, but his jaw kept getting in the way.

"Rwr!" Lopex swung a punch at James, only succeeding in punching air.

The barkeep approached Lopex. Lopex kept his mouth open, not using his "lips" to speak.

"Wuck Ooh!"

Lopex then grabbed the piece of glass from "James" and shoved it into the barkeep's eye.

Blood splatter Eviana from Lopex stabbing the barkeep's eye. She slammed down her mug and took her staff swung it around hitting Lopex in the chest, then spun around using the staff to sweep Lopex off his feet. With Lopex on his back Eviana puts a foot on his chest while holding the butt of her staff to his throat.

"Are you just naturally f***ing stupid, or did you have just one too many knocks on the head?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herod
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:08 am

Herod heard the darkling in the crows nest, what was positioned at the front of the balloon.

"PORT SKELL OFF THE STARBOARD BOW!"

The dwarf captain lept out of bed and ran out of his cabin to the helm.

Taking it from his first mate, Herod started barking orders.

"STRAIGHT AHEAD BOYS WE'RE FER HITTIN' THE WATER HARD SO BE READY. I'M NOT LOSING ANY MATES IN THE WATER!"

Herod turned to his first mate. "Kep, Git yer men ready on the ropes. I'm fer leavin' just as fast as we get there. Turk'en be needin' us!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:04 am

James appeared in front of Eviana (although only Lopex could see the ghost), facing Lopex.

"Yeah mate, are ye just naturally fekkin stupid? Wassa matter TRAPJAW? Having a day that really BITES?"

The barkeep fell backwards and a group of pirates rushed forward. A barmaid came to the barkeeps aid.

"Looks like yer one o' Hellcat's crew,hmmm?" one of the said, "Well she don't run Skell no more....so yer in trouble now mate..."
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 am

"Eh rarded id!" Lopex said pointing an Eviana.

He fought and struggled to get out of the pirates' grasps.

"Oou yut up, oou oopid 'ost!" he said screaming at James.

"Et meh o! Et meh o!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:31 am

Eviana removed her foot and pulled back her staff when she heard the pirated approaching and grab up Lopex.

She retook her seat and started to pick up her mug to take another swig, but sat it backdown.

Lopex wrote:
"Eh rarded id!" Lopex said pointing an Eviana.

He fought and struggled to get out of the pirates' grasps.

"Oou yut up, oou oopid 'ost!" he said screaming at James.

"Et meh o! Et meh o!"

"While you are at it, does anyone mind shutting him the hell up! He's giving me a headache with all that incessant nonsense rambling of his." She picked up her mug and went to take a long draw on only to find it empty.

"Barkeep!" She waited a moment "Barkeep! Oh c'mon you're not going to let a little thing like getting stabbed in the eye keep you from your work now. Heh, perhaps it's for the best, I can my own and get the non watered down stuff."

Eviana moved around the bar and felt the bottles, finding one that felt full she picked it up and opened and a whiff. The smell practcally knocked her on her ass. "NOW that be some good shit."

She took the bottle, threw a few coins on the bar to cover the bottle and went up stairs to be alone and brood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herod
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

Herod ordered for the Revenge’s air to be released from the balloon, bringing it to the water. The crew worked like a well oiled machine to bring the ship to dock. As soon as it was docked Herod jumped off ship and took off to the harbinger’s Inn. Herod huffed and puffed as he ran up the pier Pushing people as best he could out of his way.

“Damn people. Move it!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:26 pm

The ground began to shake.......

Noise filled the air.......

Sarek ran along the docks toward Herod. He didn't know the dwarf. The dwarf was just the last person Sarek would ever see.

He was about five feet away when it happened.

A geyser of lave shot up out of the ocean under the dock, through the dock and into the sky, frying Sarek, killing him instantly.

More of them shot up.

People screamed and ran.

But there was no where safe.
No where to run.....

The ground shook.

Herod fell to the pier and held on for dear life.

He felt himself rising into the air.....

Then an explosion.

The sound was deafening.

Herod felt himself fly and saw the ocean grow farther and farther away.

Everything shook.

The Harbingers in was an unruly place where violence was the norm. No one expected this onslaught though.

The building virtually exploded in a ball of flame as people fought to get to the safety of the ocean, but were swallowed by massive fissures forming in the ground.

Black smoke and ash was everywhere. Herod felt himself on top of a mountain, of all places...

An active volcano and shot up from the ground, destroying Port Skell forever.

Only a few survived...
Back to top Go down
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Eviana made it to her room and made it through about 3/4 quarters of the bottle when all hell broke loose, literally.

She quickly sobered up when the ground started shaking and a The Harbingers erupted in flame.

She could hear the beams of the ceiling creaking and getting ready to give way. She ran for the door and grabbed the latch but pulled her hand away quickly burning it.

There came a loud crack, Eviana turned a blind eye up. "For all I have lived through and I die in a burning building, how ironic." She said cynically, the rafters gave way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herod
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Port Skell was being covered in ash, making it look like it was winter across the land and the new mountain at the center of what was once the major pirate haven.

Herod felt his body ache. This was a terribly tremendous ride. Herod saw a debris strewn around picking a broken door. He brought out his goggles that served him so well in the Long Reach then he started to run down the hill with it and then jumped onto it on his stomach, riding it down the hill that was covered with ash. It would take him some time but he was well on his way back down by to what were once the docks. He could see many ships sinking and looked everywhere for the Revenge. He saw it out in the water. The crew was making repairs to the balloon that had been ripped and burned by the devastating occurrence.

He needed to get back to his ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 am

Browden found himself underneath some rubble. He had a gash on his head, and there were scratches and bruises all over him. Fortunately, Browden could walk, and nothing was broken.

He pulled himself up, hefted his ax, and started to hunt around for people in need of help...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Sarek pushed himself from the ground.

Ash poured from the sky like a snow storm.

The humidity was unbearable, and Sarek watched as people were hit by streams of lava and flying chunks of burning rock.

The Harbinger's Inn was in ruins. A large part of it collapsed.

The man was addicted to drinking blood....but he wasn't a monster. He ran into the inn to see who he could help.

He saw the man everyone called Lopex, on the floor with rubble over top of him.

"Get up," he said, rousing Lopex back to consciousness.

Lopex awoke.

"We have to get out of here," Sarek said as he helped Browden clear away a bit of rubble.

Browden and Sarek quickly found Captain hellcat and helped her to her feet.

Eventually they found Eviana as well, who seemed to be in better shape than everyone else.

A few other patrons from the inn were alive as well. Some helped others. Some ran in fear. Everyone was still somewhat confused.

The group made their way out of the Inn and saw Herod on the docks running for his ship.

The ground began to tremble.

"Oh no," Sarek whispered.

It's jowls were massive. It burst from the bubbling, boiling water and slammed onto Herod's ship. Herod saw several crew members go flying into different directions. His ship was smashed in half. The beast began attacking the docks as well.

Herod was sent flying and crashed into what may have once been an orange vendor.

One of the large tentacles crashed down on top of the area where Herod was. The only thing that saved the dwarf was a wooden shelf that was larger than him that had collapsed over top of him, deflecting the blow.

It wouldn't hold a second time.

"We have to help him," Sarek shouted and took off running toward Herod.

The Rabia had awakened.

And it was very...very...angry.

My Twitter - www.twitter.com/CraigDeBoard
Check me out on X-Box Live - Screen Name: Craigzillah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:43 am

Browden ran forward, heading for the dwarf. Browden knew he was too slow to reach Herod before another swing of the beast's tentacle. Instead, he grabbed a discarded hatchet from the dock, took a moment to prepare, then flung the weapon.

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]

His didn't expect to harm the beast (though would be grateful if somehow he succeeded...), but wanted to hoped to get the monsters attention off of Herod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:15 pm

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]

My Twitter - www.twitter.com/CraigDeBoard
Check me out on X-Box Live - Screen Name: Craigzillah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon