Share | 

Change on the Horizon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:24 pm

Browden followed Eviana up the stairs. He remarked at how bizarre the day has been. A lot of weird events.

"Something really big must be coming..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Browden wrote:
Browden followed Eviana up the stairs. He remarked at how bizarre the day has been. A lot of weird events.

"Something really big must be coming..."

Eviana nodded slightly as she moved up the stairs "Mmmhmm...it's called another day in Port Skell."

She got to the room she listened to things for a moment then reached behind her and grabbed the front of him and pulled him around the side of her. "Tell me what you see."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Browden peeked in and saw the gore. He quickly turned away.

"It- it looks like the maid's skin was ripped from her hand... She's dead, but all that's left of her hand is bone and the guts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:04 am

The evening past. A few Knights of Tomath hauled the dead woman's corpse away but new better than to bother with the head of James that sat on the bar. The Knights may have hated the Pirates League, but they knew better than to anger them in their own town. However they did gather James, as well as his belongings and disposed of the body.

Sarek tossed the raw jaw bone that was licked clean off the side of the building he stood upon and then made his way to the docks. He would find somewhere there to rest for the night.

And with that the rest of the evening past uneventful. People retired to their beds and the Knights and Pirates both stood watch vigilantly through out the night for the undead.....through out the night indeed.....it would never cease to amaze anyone that the morning would be as black as midnight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Browden wrote:
Browden peeked in and saw the gore. He quickly turned away.

"It- it looks like the maid's skin was ripped from her hand... She's dead, but all that's left of her hand is bone and the guts."

Eviana put her hand on Browden's mid section then moved it up to pat him on the chest."A big boy you are." She started to walk away. "These eyes at one time saw many a horror, that far worse than what you described."

"Come on my knight in shining armor, the ale is on me. I can't call you knight, so what else do you go by? I'm Eviana."

Eviana rambled away as she moved down the stairs and to the bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Browden followed Eviana downstairs, and joined her at the bar.

"You know, I sailed with Captain Hellcat once. I wonder what has happened to her. She was always going somewhere, so maybe she's just out of ear shot. But I got a feeling something bad is happening. Besides the mangled barmaids and shot lunatics."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:38 pm

Sarek walked past Browden and Eviana not paying much attentiopn until he heard the mention of the barmaid.

"Excuse me....did you say something happened to a barmaid? Here? The pirates have always seen to it to protect those who work the taverns."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 am

Sarek wrote:
Sarek walked past Browden and Eviana not paying much attentiopn until he heard the mention of the barmaid.

"Excuse me....did you say something happened to a barmaid? Here? The pirates have always seen to it to protect those who work the taverns."

Eviana turned a blind eye to the man who approached her and Browden. "Yes. Apparently someone has a hand fetish, an overactive one in my opinion."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am

Browden looked at the strange elf.

"The nosy elf is right. There isn't much "law" in Port Skell, but the pirates love their taverns too much to kill a worker. Course, with this riverfolk trying to be king, who knows?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:17 pm

Eviana couldn't help but give a little chuckle at Browden's comment about the nosy elf. She tried to hide her smile by turning up the bottom of her mug and taking a long draw of ale from it.

She sat the mug back down on the bar and looked in the direction of Browden. "I don't think it was the pirates doing. Not their style, not to mention she happened to been favored by one pirate lot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:44 pm

"What sicko would mutilate a hand like that? Port Skell's never been known for its classy folks, but its degrading fast."

Browden turned to Sarek.

"I don't think I know you, elf. What brings you to the Harbringer?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 am

Browden wrote:
"What brings you to the Harbringer?"

"Why, the food of course," Sarek smiled at the duo.

"As for the riverfolk, Sliver is not one to be toyed with. I once heard that he killed an entire gang of goblins just because a barmaid served him watered down ale. They didn't even have anything to do with it. So tell me what brings YOU to the Harbinger's Inn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Browden swayed away from the elf. He wasn't just nosy, but intrusive, as well.

"I'm a worker on the docks. I make my living helping all the ships. I'm entirely neutral in this entire political fight.

"I'm here to relax until my next shift."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Lopex finally woke up. He was still strapped in on the table, and his entire face was numb. He couldn't move his hands to feel where his jaw used to be. And even though he couldn't feet his face, he could feel something heavy on his chest. Heavy, and metal. Little did Lopex know, both his lower and upper jaws were replaced with metal teeth.

He let out a loud, angry moan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 am

Lopex wrote:
Lopex finally woke up. He was still strapped in on the table, and his entire face was numb. He couldn't move his hands to feel where his jaw used to be. And even though he couldn't feet his face, he could feel something heavy on his chest. Heavy, and metal. Little did Lopex know, both his lower and upper jaws were replaced with metal teeth.

He let out a loud, angry moan.

"ACH! Would ye shut th' hell up! I'm tryna read over here," a voice yelled from the corner. Lopex could barely see out of the corner of his eye James sitting at a desk reading a newspaper."

"What? ye ain't ever seen a g---WHAT TH' HELL!?!?!?!? I'm FEKKING DEAD AN' I HAVE TA BE SPENDIN' ME AFTERLIFE WITH YOU!!!!????? THIS WORLD TRULY IS HELL THEN!! AH FEKK!" the ghostly apparition of James yelled and screamed.

"AH SHITE! WHO LET'S A BLOODY DOG IN THEIR SHOP! I STEPPED IN IT! IT'S ALL OVER ME BOOT! I'M A FEKKIN GHOST AND I STILL STEP---DAMMIT LOPEX STOP STARIN AT ME YE DAFT----what th' flyin fekk happened to yer face??? Ye look awful."

The dwarf walked over to Lopex to tighten some screws in the new mechanical jaws in Lopex's face.

"What th' hell ya starin' at boy??? The dwarf asked confused. There ain't nothin over in that corner cept am empty desk. Ya look like ya seen a ghost or sumthin."

The dwarf in the shop didn't seem to notice James at all. Only Lopex did. Perhaps only Lopex would be able to see and hear James. Was Lopex going crazy.......or was it his lot as he still lived to haunt the ghost of James??????
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.huntthedead.com
Hellcat
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Captain Hellcat walked in to the Harbinger.....she was tired and it showed. She had an angry yet determined look on her face.

She glanced around the room, and over her shoulder more than once...before nearly falling into a chair rather than sitting in it. She rubbed her sore feet through her boots, contemplating removing them, but thinking twice about whether or not she made need to exit again quickly.

"Bring me somethin' warm and filing.... and some food and drink too!" She laughed and wiped the sweat from her brow with her sleeve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Hellcat wrote:
Captain Hellcat walked in to the Harbinger.....she was tired and it showed. She had an angry yet determined look on her face.

She glanced around the room, and over her shoulder more than once...before nearly falling into a chair rather than sitting in it. She rubbed her sore feet through her boots, contemplating removing them, but thinking twice about whether or not she made need to exit again quickly.

"Bring me somethin' warm and filing.... and some food and drink too!" She laughed and wiped the sweat from her brow with her sleeve.

Sarek saw the pirate woman walk in and followed her hips with his eyes.

"Hmmm?" he said nudging Browden smiling. I think I may go get me a nibble. Would love to eat that," he said winking at Browden and then getting up he started to make his way across the room to Hellcat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Browden quickly got up and walked up behind Sarek. The big man grabbed the smaller man by the shoulder and pulled the elf behind the human.

Browden then went and sat down with Hellcat. He didn't wait for her to look at him, to say anything.

"What happened? Where have you been?"

Browden was still faithful to Hellcat. Even though there was no longer a... connection between the two, Browden was a loyal member of her crew, forever more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Browden wrote:
Browden quickly got up and walked up behind Sarek. The big man grabbed the smaller man by the shoulder and pulled the elf behind the human.

Browden then went and sat down with Hellcat. He didn't wait for her to look at him, to say anything.

"What happened? Where have you been?"

Browden was still faithful to Hellcat. Even though there was no longer a... connection between the two, Browden was a loyal member of her crew, forever more.

Sarek looked at his shoulder where Browden had grabbed him. He was in shock! How dare that filth touch him!?

Sarek then knew what his next agenda was.

He turned toward Eviana. If he couldn't have the pirate woman, then the blind woman Browden had been sitting with, would be a fine meal as well.

As he began to walk toward Eviana a small riverfolk grabbed everyone's attention in the bar. He had just run in....

"He...he uh huh he man....ran a long way...huh out of...breath....Sliver.....Sliver says he plans to make it huh...official at tomorrow's......Pirates Council....says he....says he's gonna officially rule Port Skell. Say he...says he's gonna declare Hellcat dead once and for all," the riverfolk stammered.

Over half the bar stood in unison shouting and angry.

None had noticed Captain Hellcat enter the bar. Usually it took a double take to notice anyone, what with so many people coming and out of the port city on ships. But she heard the announcement just like everyone else.

Sarek decided to take advantage of the commotion. He could wait for the blind woman until later. He spotted another bar maid heading upstairs, delivering food to a room. He hurried toward her.

"Excuse me madam," he said smiling and walking right up next to her, far closer than she would normally allow anyone, "allow me to carry that food for--what's that....what are you wearing? It's intoxicating. Please...allow me to accompany you upstairs....no reason for you to have to carry this food. It reminds me....I'm starved," he said smiling at her.

The two disappeared up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:08 am

The ghost of James could wait. Lopex looked at the dwarf he had followed into this shop. Lopex was enraged. If only his dagger sharp stare could really cut.

Lopex didn't say anything. He didn't feel like talking anymore. He didn't know if he could talk. He thrashed around angrily.

He looked at James.

Mother "feckin" dwarf is gonna get a "feckin" bite in the "feckin" jugular if I get my hands on "feckin" him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 am

James saw Lopex looking in the mirror and quickly realized Lopex was unhappy. James walked his ghostly form up to Lopex.

"Ach! Now don't go cryin' ya wee eejit. Ye might rust--HA!!!!!!!!!! No fer real though, mate could ye mind openin' this fer me?" James said holding up a ghostly UNopeneded can of beans. "HA! Ye look like ye got inna fight wit' one of Captain "ellcat's engines on th' Sky Palace and lost! HA!!!!!"

James all of the sudden appeared as Lopex's reflection in the mirror. He began chomping real hard and exaggerated. "HA! Maybe ye can do some o' the weedin' in Port Skell fer Prime Minister Zoei! HA!!!"

James then appeared floating in the air in his ghostly visage sitting cross legged. "Ye know mate, the problem wit' ye is? Yer problem is that' yer bitin' off more than ye can chew!!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!"

James appeared as the reflection in the mirror again.

"Bitin' off more than ye can chew," he whispered evilly to Lopex.
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 am

Lopex wasn't amused at all with James. However, it wasn't James Lopex wasn't pissed at. Lopex looked straight into James' ghostly eyes, then looked sharply at the dwarf. He did that several times.

Kill the dwarf and untying me would be really helpful...

However, Lopex figured it would be up to him to get himself out. He muscled up, and with a great push, tried to break the straints holding him down. (+1 Tenacity?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:25 am

The member 'Lopex' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' :

Result : 10
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:29 am

Lopex's Bonds:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:47 am

As soon as Lopex was free, he grabbed the flabby, chunky neck of the dwarf and slammed the shop owner into a wall. The jaws motioned up and down and clattered and clanked.

"I'ck wan'ck ta taw'ck. Tha jyaw'k workk great'k..." With nearly each word, his jaws would clamp together making a metal clank every time.

The dwarf jabbed Lopex in the gut and made a break for the exit. Lopex grabbed a hatchet and threw it. The ax blade cut into the dwarf's back, causing him to collapse.

"Now, now, I helped you! Free of charge! That damn Carroll would never give that Aldion a free service! Please?..."

Lopex found his way back to the Harbinger Inn. In his hand, he carried a dwarf head by the beard. He grabbed the head of James, replaced it with the dwarf's, and walked outside. He then threw the head out to sea.

He entered the inn.

"Any'k got'k a fek'k prowlem'k?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   

Back to top Go down

Change on the Horizon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next