HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Change on the Horizon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Fresh Meat

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

PostSubject: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:46 am

James didn't care how much noise it made, he quickly stole a horse from a farmhouse near Peregren and took off. He needed to put as much distance between himself and Lopex as possible.

A few hours passed. James only had one brief encounter with the undead. An average zombie he spotted fifty feet away. he dropped it with a single shot and continued his trek. Eventually he had made it to his destination.

The Ruins of the Arcane Sanctuary. When he rode up to the tall imposing tower, he knew it wouldn't be long before they approached him. And so he took in the sites of the tower.

There were three spires that shot hundreds of feet into the air, the one on the far right being the tallest. The stone was made of black marble mixed with silver. A small wooded area surround the tower, and the landscaping was neat and taken care of.

As he sat on the horse and viewed the tower a man appeared by him wearing green robes.

"You have approximately two minutes to explain who you are, and why you're here," the wizard stated flatly with no emotion.

James smiled and climbed off the horse and faced the wizard.

"How much would ye charge to teleport someone...?" he asked smiling.

*******************************************************************************************

James was just outside of Port Skell.

"Ahhhh.....home," he sighed happily. Port Skell was primarily controlled by the Pirates League. The city was no where near as large as Peregren, but it's guards, a mixture of the Knights of Tomath and various Pirates League members were just as strong. The Knights hated the Pirates but they knew better than to bother them. The only reason the Knights bothered guarding Port Skell at all, was to maintain a firm foothold in the political matters of the city. They didn't make decisions. That was left to the pirates. However they were informed of all decisions made, which made things easier for the Knighthood in general.

The lawlessness of the city was simplicity at it's best and chaos at it's worst. Brothels and taverns were the common business, and Acaetus Nimius and the Black Tulip guild frequented the city. However, like the knights, both factions made sure to mind their manners while in the pirate controlled port town. Or at the very least, to not get caught doing anything the pirates would frown upon.

James walked into the town and found The Harbinger's Inn. He had no money left but went inside anyways.

"What do ya want?" a fat bald sweaty man behind the bar asked.

"A room and some dinner. I got me own booze," James replied.

"It's be ten gold," the man said holding out his meaty fat hand.

"I'm League," James replied holding out his forearm and rolling up his shirt sleave, revealing the Pirates League insignia tattooed on him.

"Ahhh, the winged mermaid. Alright then, 3 Silver it is then for the month," the barkeep said smiling.

James paid up, put his belongings in his room, made sure all of the windows were locked and left the room, locking the door as well. He then went down to the common room and finally enjoyed a meal in peace and quiet away from Lopex.

Last edited by James on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.huntthedead.com
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Eviana stopped in front of a building. By the sound of things she had reached her destination...Harbinger's Inn. She made her way in and over to the bar.

She order an ale and pulled out a coin pouch. She pulled out a coin and felt it. "Maybe I can help you there." Stated the bar tender.

Eviana smirked "I'm blind, not stupid." She laid out the exact amount returned the pouch to it's pocket and took her mug and went and found an empty seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm

James sat back at his table eating and drinking ale.

"Ahhhhh...no Lopex.....this is the life."
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 pm

A hefty man entered the Harbringer's Inn. He went and sat in the nearest available chair. Browden made his new living on the docks. He'd love to sail the seas, but he had no interest in joining the Pirates. He respected them, but that wasn't the life for him.

He wiped his brow, and sat back against a wall. He watched to people in the bar with his one good eye. He saw two new faces.

The waiter brought Browden his usual, and Browden continued to watch the people. He smiled. His life was pretty good right now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Eviana lifted her mug to take a draw from it, but it was whisked from her hand. Then came the laughter of 3 men, she let out an annoyed sigh and sat back in her seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:49 pm

James sat eating his dinner and saw the big man enter. He kept his eye on him. The man seemed calm enough but it was clear he had seen his fair share of bar room brawls.

And then........a shimmering blue light.

Two mages and three knights appeared in the middle of the common room, along with a fourth man with a burlap sack over his head.

Everyone stared in confusion. It wasn't often Tothian Mages teleported around with Tomathian Knights.

One of the knights pulled out a scroll and began to read:

"By Decree of Prime Minister Zoei Fantasy, Elven Elder and Elven Eldest of the Three Coteries, the city of Peregren has ceased all execution effective immediately. All criminals who were sentenced to death will now instead be cast out of the city of Peregren's protection from the undead. They are to be sent to Port Skell where the Pirate League may do as they wish with these vermin."

"She can't do that!" a pirate yelled standing up from a table, in angry tones.

"Yeah," another one agreed.

The Knights and Mages teleported away but not before leaving the man with the burlap sack over his head. As they teleported away, they took the sack off revealing his identity.

James fainted.
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Browden scowled at what the three men did. He pulled himself away from the wall, and stood up. He didn't care about any decree by Zoei Fantasy...

He went and stood behind the men.

"How pitiful does a man have to be, to steal drinks from a lady?"

Browden put his hands on two of the men's shoulders.

"How about you give this woman back her drink, and go off to do your own buying, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Browden wrote:
Browden scowled at what the three men did. He pulled himself away from the wall, and stood up. He didn't care about any decree by Zoei Fantasy...

He went and stood behind the men.

"How pitiful does a man have to be, to steal drinks from a lady?"

Browden put his hands on two of the men's shoulders.

"How about you give this woman back her drink, and go off to do your own buying, hmm?"

The three men were too drunk to pay attention to the decree. One of the men fisted up and nailed Browden smack dab in the face.

Eviana shook her head put her foot on the table and pushed it forward hitting one man in the crotch, dropping him to his knees.

She jumped up and grabbed up her staff. She stood staring past those in front of her listening.

"Let's be smart now boys."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Browden was 6'4" and could swing a two handed ax like it was a toy sword. He's been thrown out of sky palaces, he's been attacked by all the forms of super zombies, he's had his eye torn out by a werewolf. He's fought minotaur, Undead Kings and Queens.

Yet, these pirates punch him in the face.

"Ma'am... I don't think these men are capable of "smart". Browden lifted one man up, holding him like dumbbells for a moment, the threw the man into the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Eviana heard the man hit the wall. While the other went to jump on Browden. Then one who was dropped to his knees got up and stumbled backwards into a table disturbing James' meal.

Eviana gave a sigh "Too much ale will do that to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 pm

The loud noises of the fight woke James.

He opened his eyes and saw the ceiling and realized he had fainted with his head lolling backwards while he sat in the chair.

"Oh please please please please please, no. Fer tha love o' everything, please say it ain't so."

He then looked forward and saw Lopex standing in the middle of the Inn.

"DEMON! YER A BLOODY DEMON IS WHAT YE ARE! I'LL KILL YA!!!!!!" he screamed in a crazed rage.

he jumped up from his table and tackled Lopex and began choking him.

"KILL YOU!!!!!"

BLAM!

Everyone in the inn stopped.

"No one'll be doin' any killin' today," a Riverfolk pirate said holding a smoking pistol in his hand. Two large 8 foot tall pirate women who had more facial hair than Browden stood behind him as his personal guard.

"This establishment is one where people come to relax, not act up. You!" he said pointing at James, "You'll kill this man? I don't think so."

BLAM!

He shot James in the shoulder, and sent James flying off of Lopex.

"Only ones who do killin' round here are Pirates League."

"I AM PIRATES LEAGUE YE BLOODY EEJIT!" James yelled holding his bleeding shoulder.

"Eh....but ya see, Port Skell fell under MY Pirates League about a month ago. And with Captain Hellcat currently missing, my ship is the biggest, my crew is the biggest, so that puts me in charge of Port Skell. So only MY Pirates League does the killin' here.....

....for example."

BLAM!

The shot rang out and the bullet ripped through the forehead of James and out the back of his skull dropping him dead.

The midget nodded to one of the large women. She stomped forward and drew a large cutlass.

SHLUNK!

She cut off James' head and sat it down on the end of the bar closest to the front door.

"Let this head be a constant reminder to ya all. For if it ever leaves this spot on the bar I will burn this city to the ground! Sliver Tangletongue runs Port Skell now. Enjoy yer meals."

The Riverfolk then left the completely silent and still inn.
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Lopex was about ready to get into the fight with James, when the pirates showed up. Lopex loved seeing James squirm and trying to resist the new rulers of Port Skell. The final shot slammed into James's skull, and Lopex felt bits of blood dab his face.

After things quieted down and the pirates positioned James's head on the bar, Lopex grew the biggest smile.

"What ever gods exist led me to kill that woman so I could see you get shot, my friend."

Lopex then walked over and picked up his "friend's" head. Lopex then turned to the people in the tavern.

"He wasn't really going to kill me. He and I were bed fellows..."

Then he headed out the door.

"Hey pip-squeak! I gotta surprise for ya!"

Lopex threw the head (+1 vigor; LOL), aiming for the riverfolk. His face was beaming with excitement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:27 pm

The member 'Lopex' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' :

Result : 4
Back to top Go down
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Lopex wrote:
Lopex was about ready to get into the fight with James, when the pirates showed up. Lopex loved seeing James squirm and trying to resist the new rulers of Port Skell. The final shot slammed into James's skull, and Lopex felt bits of blood dab his face.

After things quieted down and the pirates positioned James's head on the bar, Lopex grew the biggest smile.

"What ever gods exist led me to kill that woman so I could see you get shot, my friend."

Lopex then walked over and picked up his "friend's" head. Lopex then turned to the people in the tavern.

"He wasn't really going to kill me. He and I were bed fellows..."

Then he headed out the door.

"Hey pip-squeak! I gotta surprise for ya!"

Lopex threw the head (+1 vigor; LOL), aiming for the riverfolk. His face was beaming with excitement.

Sliver's Defense Roll:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]

BLAM!

The Riverfolk spun and fired his gun directly at the forehead of the head of James blasting a second hole through the flying head. The bullet continued on however directly at Lopex's forehead.

Sliver's Attack Roll:

[roll="d20"]1[/roll]
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Are there miracles in Nerin Toth?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm

The member 'Lopex' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' :

Result : 6
Back to top Go down
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Browden grabbed the man that jumped onto him. He was ready to put this drunk into a coma when a riverfolk entered and murdered a man with a terrible accent.

A lunatic that had been fighting with the now decapitated man, went after the riverfolk. Another gun shot sounded.

"See?" Browden said, smacking the drunk the head.

"No more trouble, got it?"

He then shoved the drunk to the ground.

"Ma'am, are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunt the Dead
Tracker

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:45 am

(Can't believe I rolled a freaking 20).

The bullet flew at Lopex. He had turned his head, flinching when the bullet had hit the decapitated head of James first.

The bullet hit Lopex in chin and blood and bone fragment splattered everywhere!!!!

Lopex hit the ground hard, landing on his back and didn't move. A barmaid from the inn rushed out.

"Get a Naturalist or a Dwarf!!!! He's still alive!"

Lopex breathed, just barely but unconscious. everything from bottom lip down was missing, his lower mandible shattered.

Lopex was missing the lower half of his face and skull.
Back to top Go down
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 pm

Browden wrote:
Browden grabbed the man that jumped onto him. He was ready to put this drunk into a coma when a riverfolk entered and murdered a man with a terrible accent.

A lunatic that had been fighting with the now decapitated man, went after the riverfolk. Another gun shot sounded.

"See?" Browden said, smacking the drunk the head.

"No more trouble, got it?"

He then shoved the drunk to the ground.

"Ma'am, are you alright?"

Eviana gave a smirk as she leaned her staff against the wall behind her and felt for the back of the chair taking a seat.

"I am fine, thank you. Tell me my knight in shining armor, what was it that we missed? I heard shots fired." She sat with her hands clasped on top of the table as it appeared that her amber eyes stared through Browden's stomach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Sarek sat in the inn watching events unfold. He watched the big man toss around the drunks like rag dolls. He watched the crazed man attack the murderer from Peregren, only to be killed himself and decapitated. He watched the murderer flee outside with the head and heard a gun shot.

He had seen enough. he had found his target.

The woman.

They flirted at first. She sat at his table. His cold hand touched the nape of her nick and she giggled softly. He smiled at her and his eyes seemed to twinkle for a moment. She leaned in to taste his lips.

Just one kiss. Just one.

He told her of a better idea. For them to go to his room upstairs.

And so they did.

They entered and the barmaid shut and locked the door behind her, her blonde curls bouncing as she turned. She deserved a break. She had pulled a double shift tonight and deserved this. Especially after having to clean up that poor blind woman's drink those drunk's had spilled.

Sarek sat on the bed.

She crawled on top of him giggling. He rolled her over and kissed her neck softly, and down to her shoulder.

Her hands traced the muscles of his back, as he kissed down her arm to her wrist. He licked the back of her hand and looked at her sensually.

From downstairs, Eviana Browden and the rest of the inn heard a horrible scream.

Two pirates flew upstairs and threw open the door.

The barmaid lay on the bed....dead.....all blood drained from her body.....and her hand a mangled mess of bone and tendons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aelemar
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Aelemar, out of breath, had finally reached Port Skell, she hadn't been able to get a boat to take her, so she ran. It took her nearly a week of non stop running, 4 encounter of average zombies, and two stops at taverns along the way, to get there from port Io and she finally made it! She was finally rid of that stupid child that had been following her. But, there was no way she could do it again, she began slowly walking to the harbinger's inn.

Just outside was a man lying on the ground, and a barmaid calling for a naturalist. Aelemar, subconsciously, walked forward.

"Poor man," was all she said. And all she could say. Seeing his face so mangled, was almost to much to bear, and she hunted zombies.

Then she saw the head of James, now she wasn't sorrowful, she slowly backed into the inn, not saying a word. Nor breathing.

Who would be so.....sickening as to do something like that?

"For once I agree with you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Browden
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Browden saw as Eviana stared at his mid section. It finally donned on him. He looked embarrassed...

"Uh, uh, let me go see..."

Browden took a quick leave from Eviana to go see what was happening outside. His one eye grew in shock. He quickly returned to the lady, and sat down.

"A guy's jaw was shot off... he's still alive, I believe."

Then a scream came from above.

"This place isn't family friendly is it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lopex
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 pm

The gunshot not only broke Lopex's face in half, it hurt like hell! A woman came and tried to help him. He was not the most cooperative patient. He squirmed and withered in pain. His tongue flapped in the open air. He had no control over it, he was making eerie noises. The blood dripping from his skull would stain the ground he stood on.

The lady trying to help him was sprayed with Lopex's blood and saliva. She was forced to give up on him when a dwarf appeared.

"G'im to meh! G'im to meh!"

The dwarf got a control of Lopex and led Lopex to the dwarf's workshop.

"Tha' damn Carroll, t'inks he's th' only un tha can build boody parts, ugh?"

The dwarf then started working on the human's face. There was no medicine, no healing. All pain, all torture. The dwarf strapped his patient down and got to work on Lopex's jaw...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sarek
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Sarek sat on the roof of the Inn watching the dwarf haul Lopex away. When everyone else had gone back inside the inn (the barmaid took James' head and placed it back on the bar, for fear of Captain Sliver and his two amazons), Sarek made his way down to the ground.

He quickly snatched up what he was seeking and ran back off to the shadows. Lopex's lower jaw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eviana
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Browden wrote:
Browden saw as Eviana stared at his mid section. It finally donned on him. He looked embarrassed...

"Uh, uh, let me go see..."

Browden took a quick leave from Eviana to go see what was happening outside. His one eye grew in shock. He quickly returned to the lady, and sat down.

"A guy's jaw was shot off... he's still alive, I believe."

Then a scream came from above.

"This place isn't family friendly is it?"

Eviana couldn't help but smile when Browden stuttered, obviously he hadn't realized til that moment she was blind.

When he returned he gave her a quick run down of things. She nodded her head. Then came the scream.

She got to her feet and grabbed her staff, "Since when is a tavern full of cut throats a family friendly establishment?" She headed off to see what the commotion was a bout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change on the Horizon   

Back to top Go down

Change on the Horizon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next