HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Burn the main line...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Burn the main line...   Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:35 am

"WHAT IS THIS SHIT!?" yelled a man wearing all black, waving a six shooter in the air. "I know you got better shit than this man! Fucking give it to me Farin! GIVE IT TO ME!" he continued, cocking his gun and pointing it under Farin's chin.

"You don't get anything for yourself until your sales go up, now move the gun dammit," Farin said calmly, pushing the gun to the side. "Your sales go up, or keep getting the weak shit that we sell, you got that, Eric?" he said, keeping a firm hold on the man's hand.

"Farin... I need it! This stuff ain't working man... I- I can't feel my legs." he said, trying to fight against the clearly stronger man's grip, but Farin still held his wrist fast. "I FUCKING NEED IT!"

"Eric, calm down, I have some firends, we're going to hel-"

":DON'T FUCKING PATRONIZE ME! JUST GIVE IT TO ME!" Eric screamed

Two knights appeared, one on either end of the alley. Eric's eyes darted all around him, "What the fuck! SHIT! Run Farin, we otta haul ass!" Farin released him, but didn't move. "RUN!" Eric screamed, his movement growing more erratic and hurried. His face was turning red and his eyes increasingly unfocused.

"calm down Eric, these are my friends, we're here to help you. Just relax," Farin said calmly.

Eric looked around confused, his eyes darting from the knights to Farin. "YOU'RE A FUCKING KNIGHT!? YOU'VE BEEN SETTING ME UP ALL ALONG!" Eric turned and ran for the end of the alley, only to be clotheslined by one of the knights. He was knocked down to the ground hard, rendering him unconscious.

The knight rubbed his, now sore, arm. "Whats wrong with him?"

Farin sighed sadly, shaking his head as he looked own at the unconscious form. "This," he said, throwing a small pouch to the dirt, its white, powdery contents spilling on the ground. "Our government's wonder drug."

Eric's body convulsed on the ground.

Farin turned to the knight, "He's in withdrawals."

"How long's he been without it?" asked the knight worriedly.

Farin started to walk away, "Its been about 6 hours since his last dose. Bring him with us carefully"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:02 am

OOC (Out of Character): Here's my character.

Name: Ralin Mercer
Race: Hellfolk
Class: Rogue
Ht and Wt are of average Riverfolk size
Hair: Brown, long, tied into a ponytail, with a goatee and sideburns.
Eyes: Green

Gear
and Equipment: Ralin wears black leather armor, and carries a set of
throwing knives called "The Family" which he secretly lifted off of the
elf Aldion years ago.

History: Ralin was raised in the thieves
guild as a small riverfolk child after his parents had been imprisoned
in the Epicenter's jails for selling passage on spice ships illegally.
His parents later died in prison while he survived on the streets.
Eventually he was found pick pocketing and joined the Black Tulip
Guild. He operated strictly under Zonan Zerpfan, a darkling who
answered only to guild master, Chevre' el Tomath. Zonan later died, in
a turf war with the Bloody Doves while in Medrath. Since that time
Ralin has become close to Chevre' as her right hand man. However recent
revelations have left him reconsidering his position....

IC (In Character):

Ralin
ran as fast as he could across the rooftop but for all of his speed he
couldn't make the jump. He flew through the air hoping to land on top
of the adjacent building, but missed by at least three feet and felt
himself plummeting twenty feet to the ground.

"Oh just bloody wonderful," he grumbled.

He
hit the ground hard and knew he had cracked at least a rib or two. His
breathing came in gasps from the pain but he didn't have a choice.
Havern and Brom lept down from the roof landing on a wagon filled with
hay.

"Wish I would have thought of that," Ralin whispered to himself as he stood.

"Stop running runt," Havern, the Darkling said, slowly drawing a flintlock pistol.

"Chevre' isn't going to let you go," Brom the human stated as he climbed off of the wagon.

"Well,
you'll just have to disappoint the mistress and tell her I won't be
home for supper," Ralin replied drawing two of the daggers he kept on
his belt. The daggers were ancient artifacts he had lifted off of an
elf named Aldion (or at least an elf who claimed to have been the Hero
of the Ravaging) a few years ago.

"Now don't be stupid, " Brom said seeing the blades glint in the moonlight.

"Stupid? Please...would you expect anything less from me?" Ralin replied letting Molly fly.

Molly
was the perfectly balanced dagger, tht oddly enough wasn't sharp at all
and was quite dull. The blade even had a bit of rust on it. But
regardless of Molly's old worn out leather grip, or the slightly bent
and chipped blade the dagger was impressivly useful. Any target the
dagger struck, for some odd in explicable reason, seemed to help Ralin
in some way. He wasn't sure if it was magical in nature or if the blade
was cursed.

All Ralin knew was that he could really use the Knight's help that stared down at the junkie on the ground.

Molly embedded herself into the knight's rear end.

"Oh crap," Brom said rolling his eyes.

Ralin smiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:16 am

Farin pulled the dagger out of his ass, "SON OF A BITCH!" he yelled. The knight on the opposite end of the alley ran and tackled the darkling, getting shot in the gut with the flintlock.

Luckily, his armor absorbed most of teh force, and his wound was minorly damaging. Still hurt like a mother though! The knight dropped an elbow into Havern's face and rendered him unconscious.

The knight with Farin, whose ass still hurt, pinned Ralin, leaving Brom standing. He turned and started to run away, but Farin quickly grabbed Eric's pistol and shot 3 rounds into Brom's back, dropping him.

The undercover knight squatted by the Hellfolk, "care to explain this?" he asked, holding the dagger in hand...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:22 am

"Of course sir....I was being mugged by these ruffians," Ralin lied smiling at the knight as he reached and swiftly removed Molly from the knight's hind-quarters.

Unfortunately, the knight noticed.

Ralin quickly thought up another lie about the dagger.

"It's amazing that they stole this family heirloom from me just to do away with you so you couldn't catch them roughing me up. Lucky for me, you're on top of things and are valiant enough to look out for us normal folk."
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:29 am

The 2 knights looked at Farin, "Don't look at me like that! Take them outta here! And Eric too! I'm still undercover you morons, go!" He said quietly, angrily gesturing the guards away. He was about to throw away the gun, when he heard a shuffling noise.

He looked for a zombie, making sure the gun was cocked, but saw nothing. He started to leave the alley, when he notced a trail of blood and Brom edging for the street.

"Should have played dead a bit longer, Brom," Farin said, walking behind him, "Like I said before, I'm still undercover, can't have 6 months of work ruined can we?"

BOOM!

Brain matter sprayed the alley ground....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Populus
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:05 pm

"Dammit! I'm bored. I need something fun to do."

Lus gazed down side streets and alleys as he walked down the middle of a main street.

The man preferred the nightlife. It was so much more interesting than the day. The people made the night fun. At the moment, however, things were dull. So dull, Lus was finding the city rodents to be almost fascinating.

Suddenly...

BOOM!

If Lus' ears could perk, they'd be fully erect, like a shepherd dog's. A sly smile drew across his face.

"Oh-ho! I do believe I heard a gun..."

Sure enough, two knights were carrying away some unfortunate characters. No blood however... None of them were shot.

"Well, that's boring. I wonder..."

Lus pulled out his own gun. He had limited ammo, and he didn't know if now was the most amusing time for it...

"Perhaps later," he said putting it away and approaching the knights. "Hail, good fools! How goes the work? Anything I can do to assist the city's great bunglers?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:57 am

Ralin saw his opening. As the knights slowly turned their attention toward the stranger he deftly slid his dagger back to it's spot on his waist and began to slowly back away, hoping to lose them through the alleys of The Epicenter.

Of course, Ralin wasn't afraid. He had been afraid many times in his life. But this certainly wasn't one of those times. He was concerned more than anything.

Concerned for himself being thrown in jail. He owed quite a few people in jail money. Many people in jail had it out for him.

And he would hate for his popularity to cause long lines at the jail. Just imagine how upset people would be if it was their turn to get food and they couldn't get to it because of some long line.....it would never do.

He found the this odd group that had gotten him out of his predicament with Brom funny. It was odd. As if the knights themselves were hiding something. While Knights of Tomath were generally accepted in The Epicenter, the ruling royal family of minotaur didn't quite favor them. The only reason they tolerated them was to avoid a full scale war with Peregren. Of course the minotaur kingdom, based in Riddik primarily, would destroy anyone who dared go to war against them. But with trying to keep undead out of cities, it wouldn't be easy to stop the plague from entering their cities if their armies were at war.

And so, the minotaurs tolerated Knights of Tomath. It was a shame too, as the Knights didn't tolerate thieves at all. Which Ralin found quite rude as The Epicenter was HIS home as opposed to the visiting Knights. And the only reason he didn't bother telling the knights how rude they were was due to their legal ability to arrest him even here. While the minotaurs ruled......they allowed knights to do what they didn't consider worth their time.

Finally Ralin decided it was best if he made his exit. Telling them how rude (or how bad they smelled) probably wouldn't help matters.

It was at this point, that the giant unicorn with the big blue dress and knee high orange boots on all twelve hooves licked Ralin's face. He giggled some and climbed onto the unicorn and flew toward the sun hoping to save the princess from the evil monster that dwelled in the sewers named Strickland.

Of course there was no monster. Nor were there any orange boots or blue dress or unicorn. There was no princess. Ralin was simply dreaming. For he had turned to run and ran face first into a brick wall that he didn't realize was behind him.

Stupid knights.
Back to top Go down
Populus
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:58 pm

"Well... That was certainly entertaining. Too bad we weren't on top of a building, though..."

Lus smiled a cheery grin at the riverfolk. Then, he turns back to the knights.

"So... what's up? I'm really bored, and I sure could use some entertainment... Think you can whip something up? Doesn't have to be much, just maybe beheading a tramp, or kickin a hobo..."

Lus placed an arm on a guard's shoulder.

"Well?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Farin sighed, "I'd rather deal with the damned Saint," he grumbled. He pushed teh arrogant man out of the way, "I have places to go, people to meet. I really cant be bothred by some pompous bas-" he was cut off mid sentence... well, his head was. A dark robed figure held the blade, its tip still resting in the dirt.

He looked at Lus, his body language showed no emotion, but he sounded irratated by the man's prescence. "You tell no one what you saw, not about the knight or his death. You got it?"

Lus still wore his dumb grin.

The black robed figure deftly lept at the Lus and made a wide arcing slash, removing a small bit of hair. "You talk, I'll find you, cut you to the smallest pieces, and then feed you to a beggar's dog, understand?"

With the last statement, the being smashed the hilt of his sword into Lus's face, knocking him out cold.

He held his fingers to a small piece in his ear, "Should I find the riverfo-" he stopped. "Yes sir, he can wait til morning"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick W
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:57 pm

"It must be that guy's time of the month..." moaned Lus.

He sat up holding his head. It ached worst than the time... Lus grinned at the thought of that evening...

"Still... killing the guard guy was amusing. Wish he'd do it to more around me. For now though, I guess I'll have to find more entertainment."

All the while he spoke aloud, walking down a street. One man, hurrying home from a bar, watched Lus talk to himself. The man quickened his pace.

"Where's a hooker when you need one? I'd very much like to see another wig on fire," spoke Lus. Then he got the best idea ever... He was in the middle of a street, surrounded by homes, in the middle of the night...

"I wonder if I can find some fireworks..."

-Steven Erikson, Bonehunters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:18 pm

"uuugggg. wha happen?" Ralin mumbled sitting up rubbing a large bump on his forehead where he had hit the wall.

He began to stand and felt himself pulled back down to his back on the ground. He looked over at what had a hold of his arm and saw what everyone on Aeon feared more than anything else.

A zombie was in the process of chewing on his forearm.

"AHHHH!!!! OH GOD!!!!" Ralin screamed ripping his bloody arm out of the zombies mouth. He struggled to his feet and fell backwards. The zombie began crawling toward Ralin. It's lower half was missing and it pulled itself along the ground with his hands.

"SHIT!!! HELP! SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!" he screamed as he ripped his sleave off and wrapped his arm so no one could see that he had been bitten.
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 pm

The zombie continued onward, undeterred by its lack of mobility. Ralin backed away, but was cornered, he continued to scream and the zombie still made its guttural moans. It reached out and latched onto his boot, and started pulling itself towards him to bite him.

Ralin was panicking, the zombie ever inching closer.

Closer

Closer...

WHAM!

Brain matter splattered Ralin's face as a claw toothed hammer smashed in the back of the monstrosity's skull. A burly, dark skinned human stood before the riverkin, holding the now bloodied hammer with practiced ease. He picked up the smaller being, shook him so the zombie's grip released, then set him on his feet. The large man said nothing as he wiped the gore off of his hammer and looked at the riverfolk.

The large man pointed to himself, then Ralin, and then nodded towards atavern across the street.

Ralin looked quizzically at the large man.

He knelt by the zombie, dipped the blunt end of his hammer in the blood and began to write. He stood and pointed at the word on the gorund:

"Mute"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Jon wrote:

Brain matter splattered Ralin's face as a claw toothed hammer smashed in the back of the monstrosity's skull. A burly, dark skinned human stood before the riverkin, holding the now bloodied hammer with practiced ease. He picked up the smaller being, shook him so the zombie's grip released, then set him on his feet. The large man said nothing as he wiped the gore off of his hammer and looked at the riverfolk.

The large man pointed to himself, then Ralin, and then nodded towards atavern across the street.

Ralin looked quizzically at the large man.

He knelt by the zombie, dipped the blunt end of his hammer in the blood and began to write. He stood and pointed at the word on the gorund:

"Mute"

Ralin breathed a sigh of relief as he wiped the brain matter away. He did his best to keep his arm that had been bitten as inconspicuous as possible.

Ralin had no choice now. He had to get some of the drugs that had been rampant here in The Epicenter. If the rumor of the drug preventing zombie infection was true, then maybe if Ralin could get enough he could cure himself before it was too late.

First things first though, he needed to get away from any more potential run ins with guards.

Ralin joined his mute savior as they headed for the tavern....and he checked to see if Lus was folling.....he certainly hoped not......that guy was a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Nick W
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, damn. Neither of the last two houses had any fireworks. The townspeople were so dull here... unless you tore their doors down and demanded explosives... That one fellow ought to have been more careful on those stairs. Oh well. He'll wake up in an hour or two... locked in a cellar... under his neighbor's house... with the neighbor's riches stitched inside his pockets... It was a shame Lus couldn't stay to watch. After calling, "Burglar! Burglar!..." he headed for a place of gossip, and chatter.

Lus entered the tavern, completely oblivious to the riverfolk or anyone else. He walked inside, sat at the bar, and looked directly at the bar keep.

"Where does a guy have to go to get some explosives for this town, hm?"

-Steven Erikson, Bonehunters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burn the main line...   

Back to top Go down

Burn the main line...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1